Monday 18 June 2012

Summerhill. Day 2...

Here are more pictures of the weekend I spent in Suffolk, visiting Daisy's house and my old school Summerhill. It is a strange feeling, going back after so many years. I visited every single year, at least once, since I left but I never felt out of place until this time. I left quite early so the rest of my friends were still there for another 3 years and this meant that I had a reason to go back, see them and spend time with them. It didn't feel strange, it just felt natural. I guess now too much time has gone by and all the people that I lived with here are all gone to College or University. It is still nice to visit the school, there are so many memories stocked up everywhere you look; I almost expect to go to my old room and find everything just as I left it. But I guess time does go by quickly, and to teenage standards, we are old. Not old old, but old to be hanging around at a party where the oldest person is 16. And it gets worse when it is slow dancing time and you find yourself surrounded by underage teenage boys looking at you in a weird way.... (at this point, Daisy and me walked out of the room) However, seeing some of my girls, my roommates when I was there was lovely. We got to spend time together, talk, have some fun bitching and gossiping (there is so much to talk about on a boarding school....) 
I think it will be a while until I visit again. This time it was a bit of a wake up call. You can't keep hanging on to the past forever, trying to re live what has already happened. Summerhill will always have a special place in my heart, I probably spent some of the best years of my life (so far) there and I couldn't be more grateful.
Here are some pictures!


XOXO



Jacket: Barbour (borrowed from India)
Shorts and Shirt: Zara
Necklace: All saints
Brogues: Zara


No comments:

Post a Comment