Friday 23 September 2011

The day before the big day...

About two days ago I realized this: I only had 3 days left until I turned 19. I know for most of the people is not really a big deal; the big deal is when you turn 18: you are an adult, you leave high school, you can vote, drink, have +18 relationships... For me it was a huge change; I moved out from home to a different country with a different language and with people I didn't know. I turned out great but it is still a bit scary when I think about it.
But somehow, moving on from 18 doesn't feel as exciting, as new, as cool as turning 18. You are already on your second year of university, you have your new friends and everything seems more settled now so turning one year older means, exactly turning older, closer to 20, to 22 to 30... (and then is when I stop counting, breath and think about something else) Everybody says that once you turn 20, your life flies by so I was suddenly stressed about thinking if I had done enough things as an 18 year old before moving on. A lot of things came to mind (which I am not going to say here mostly because I am embarrased!) but one of them was to enjoy every moment and that is what I plan to do from now on: no thinking about the future, no grieving about the past, just focusing on today (and maybe tomorrow).
Wow, this all sounds great but we'll see if I can manage to actually do it.....  :)
XOXO

P.D Here I leave you some pics of today's B-day cake (for me and my family; tomorrow is the big party for the girls) and some pre-birthday gifts. The rest of the pictures are a collection of memories from 1995 to 2002
Hace dos días me di cuenta de algo: sólo me quedaban 3 días antes de cumplir los 19. Ya sé que para la mayoría de la gente esto no es algo muy relevante; la movida es cuando cumples los 18: eres adulto, se acaba el instituto, puedes votar, beber, tener ligues +18... Para mi fue un gran cambio; me fui de casa a estudiar a otro país con otro idioma, gente que no conocía. Resulto genial pero da un poco de miedo si lo pienso.
Pero de alguna manera, ir de 18 a 19 no parece tan excitante, tan nuevo, tan guay como cumplir 18. Ya estás en tu segundo año de universidad, tienes nuevos amigos y tu vida parece mas estabilizada asi que cumplir un año más significa sólo ser un año mas vieja, más cerca de 20, 22, 30... (aquí es cuando paro de contar, respiro y pienso en otra cosa) Todo el mundo dice que cuando cumples los 20, tu vida vuela ante tus ojos y de pronto, me puse nerviosa al pensar si habia hecho suficientes cosas con 18 años antes de seguir hacia delante. Muchas me vinieron a la cabeza ( y no las diré porque de muchas me averguenzo!) pero una de ellas fue disfrutar cada momento y eso es lo que planeo hacer desde ahora: no pensar demasiado en el futuro, no lamentarse en el pasado, solo concentrarse en el ahora ( y puede que en mañana)
Wow, todo esto suena genial pero veremos si lo puedo llevar a cabo.... :)
XOXO


P.D Aqui os dejo algunas fotos de la tarta de cumpleaños de hoy (para mi familia y yo; mañana es la fiesta con las chicas) y algunos regalos pre-cumple. El resto de las fotos son una colección de recuerdos desde 1995 al 2002.








1995 My cousin Carla and me
1996 Me in Serradilla
1997 My cousin Iris and me
August 1997. Nicolás and me
1997. My mum and me
May 1997. Me in Fuerteventura
1998. Me in Villandas
1998. My mum and Nicolas
June 1999
July 1999. My dad and me
1999. Nicolas and me
December 1999. My cousin Iris and me
February 2000
July 2000. My mum and me. Menorca
July 2000. Nicolas, my cousins Mario and Carla and me. Menorca
2000. Villandas
August 2000. Nicolas and me. Villandas
2001. Villandas
2001. Nico and me. Lanzarote
September 2001. Nico and with my 10th birthday cake. 
2002. Serradilla



No comments:

Post a Comment