Sunday 11 March 2012

She's the girl...

Today is 11th of March and it is a very special day. For many reasons, but the only one that matters to me is the birthday of my dear old  friend María. I say old because she is turning 20! This is supposed to be the age when you stop being a teenager and become an adult, when people take you seriously, when you are supposed to have a clear direction in life, bla bla bla..... but really, 20 is important because of the BIRTHDAY PARTY! In this case, the party will be postponed until the Easter holidays when I am there to organize, of course  But coming back to Maria, I am not sure if I know how to describe her. She is..... a tough one. Tough is a good word for her. She is strong, too strong sometimes. She is my rock, my cynical side, my rational half, my Miranda (Sex and the City), my lawyer (someday), my "meaty" friend, the person I discuss Vogue wtith (although we don't share fashion styles). But not everything is nice and easy; with friendships you also have to work hard to keep them from drowning and the road sometimes gets rocky but that is what makes you grow closer as friends. Maria and me know that very well and I think, no matter how far apart we are (986.007 Km), or how difficult things get, we will never give up on each other. 


So, after these heartfelt confessions, I just want to wish her a lovely day with her friends, and family and boyfriend. I bet she probably won't read this until the afternoon because then is when she will wake up, probably with a hangover from the celebrations last night... I wouldn't expect anything less.


Happy birthday 

Hoy es 11 de Marzo y es un día muy especial. Por muchas razones, pero la única que me importa a mí es el cumpleaños de mi querida vieja amiga María. Digo vieja porque hoy cumple 20 años! Esta es supuestamente la edad cuando ya no eres una adolescente pero un adulto, cuando el mundo te toma en serio, cuando tu vida tiene que tener una dirección clara, bla, bla, bla… pero, en realidad, 20 es importante por la FIESTA de cumpleaños! En este caso, la celebración será pospuesta hasta Semana Santa cuando yo estaré allí para organizarlo todo, por supuesto Pero volviendo a María, no estoy seguro si sé como describirla. Ella es…. dura. Dura es una buena palabra para ella. Es fuerte, demasiado fuerte a veces. Ella es mi roca, my lado cínico, mi mitad racional, mi Miranda (Sexo en Nueva York), mi abogado (algún día), mi amiga carnívora, la persona con la que hablo de Vogue (aunque nuestros estilos son distintos). Pero no todo es fácil y genial; con amistades también hay que trabajar duro para que no se hundan y la carretera a veces tiene baches; pero eso es lo que nos junta y ata mas como amigas. Maria y yo lo sabemos muy bien y sé que no importa lo separadas que estemos ((986.007 Km), o lo difíciles que se pongan las cosas, nunca nos abandonaremos.

Y después de estas sentidas (y empalagosas) palabras, sólo quiero desearle un día genial con sus amigos, familia y novio. Estoy segura de que no va a leer esto hasta por la tarde porque es entonces cuando va a salir de la cama, seguramente con resaca por la celebración de ayer por la noche… No esperaba menos.

Feliz cumpleaños ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment