Saturday 1 June 2013

Happy Birthday M M ...


"In Hollywood, a girl's virtue is much less important than her hairdo. You're judged by  how you look, not by what you are. Hollywood's a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for kiss, and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer enough and held out for the fifty"


"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't. When they found this out, they would blame me for disillusioning them - and fooling them"


"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"


"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring"


"Sometimes I think it would be easier to avoid old age, to die, young, but then you'd never complete your life, would you? You'd never wholly know yourself..."

XOXO

P.D I take this occasion not only to remember the great Norma Jean but also to say goodbye to Smash, a series that was based around her life and the creation of a musical about her. I think they did her justice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment