Friday 16 September 2011

Talk is cheap...

My mum and me went yesterday for a walk to the Centro Niemeyer. For those who don't know what is is about (which I am guessing is a lot because, honestly, I don't expect anybody to suddenly light up at the sound of the word "Aviles". I love my city to bits but we are still a bit in the dark), the Centro Niemeyer was designed by Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer as a gift to Asturias after receiving the "Principe de Asturias" award for the Arts. The idea was to create a space where all the different fields of the arts could meet: music, dance, theatre, film, photography, etc.
Anyway, a couple of days ago I found out that the "Arts and Leisure weekend" organized by the New York Times is taking place on the Centro Niemeyer this weekend! (this shows how well the publicity campaign was organized and how the citizens of Aviles have "all the information" first hand) As soon as I knew this, of course, I didn't waste time and went to catch some invitations to the interviews (yes, they are free, could it be any better?)
They are interviewing Isabel Coixet (she directed "My life without me"; great movie; buy a box of kleenex before hand, you'll need them), Rufus Wainwright (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE), the ex-minister of foreign affairs from Israel, talking about the Arab uprisings (we also have to get educated in politics, not everything is pretty clothes and glamour) and finally, Alber Elbaz of Lanvin, LANVIN! (this is the point when I screamed and, thank god there wasn't many people at the cafe, but enough to turn around and stare at me with a what-the-hell-are-you-doing look)
Here I leave you some pics of the day and I'll surely take my camera with me on Saturday and report back on Sunday :)


XOXO







In the pictures...

Kimono jacket by Zara
T-shirt by Gap
Wedges by Pull & Bear


Mi madre y yo fuimos a dar un paseo ayer por el Centro Niemeyer. Para aquellos que no sepan de que se trata (que supongo que serán la mayoria porque, la verdad, no espero que a nadie se le encienda una bombilla al oír la palabra "Avilés". Me encanta mi ciudad pero...), el Centro Niemeyer fue diseñado por el arquitecto brasileño Oscar Niemeyer como un regalo a Asturias después de recibir el premio Príncipe de Asturias de las artes. La idea fue crear un espacio donde los diferentes campos de las artes se unieran: musica, danza, teatro, cine, fotografía, etc
Hace un par de días me enteré de que el  "Arts and Leisure weekend" organizado por el periódico New York Times se hacía en el Niemeyer este fin de semana! (esto refleja la gran eficacia de la campaña publicitaria y como los ciudadanos de Avilés recibimos la información de primera mano). Por supuesto, en cuando me enteré no perdí el tiempo y fui a recoger las invitaciones para las entrevistas (si, son gratis, que mas se puede pedir?)

Van a entrevistar a Isabel Coixet (directora de "La vida sin mi"; una película muy bonita; compra una caja de kleenex antes de empezar, los necesitarás), Rufus Wainwright (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE), el ex-ministro de asuntos exteriores de Israel para hablar sobre las revueltas árabes (también hay que educarse en política) y finalmente, Alber Elbaz de Lanvin, LANVIN! (éste es el momento en el que se me escapó un grito y menos mal que no había mucha gente en la cafetería pero la suficiente para darse la vuelta y mirarme con cara de que-diablos-haces-estás-en-un-sitio-público)
Aqui os dejo algunas fotos del día y dar por seguro que llevaré la camara conmigo el Sábado y informaré el Domingo :)

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment