Sunday 23 October 2011

Late, late, late...


As I promised ages ago, I am now posting the pictures from my 19th Birthday party. It was nearly a month ago and now it seems like years away... We had an amazing day; actually, we had two amazing days. The night before the actual birthday, we went out for "a couple of drinks" and ended up home at 5 in the morning ( well, you only turn 19 once!). The next day, we had the lunch/dinner party at my house with crisps, nocilla (chocolate and hazelnut spread) sandwiches, pizza and, of course, homemade brownie cake (homemade by me which is strange because I was the birthday girl and I am supposed to be the one to get the cake made for!) Then came the presents :D A lovely mustard skirt with a brown t-shirt and two pieces of jewelery:  a ring (with a girl that looks like Little Red Riding Hood) and a bracelet with a robin. It was the perfect party that was also a bit like a goodbye party for me and the rest of the girls that were leaving to their correspondent universities; we talked about us, about politics, even had a little pillow fight!
 Various pieces of cake later, they all left to get ready for the big night in Oviedo. I wasn't expecting anything mayor or special to happen then, during my birthday because honestly, you are always thinking that something unexpected will happen (just because it is your birthday) and it will make you remember it for the rest of your life but instead, you remember it because of the good moments you had with the people around you. That night, I got both of those; I had some unexpected, special moments that never thought would happen and I also remember the funny and great times I had with my friends. I think I couldn't have asked for more. And I miss them so much... Ohh, this is getting too cheesy and nostalgic so I am going straight for the photos. Enjoy!
Como prometí hace mucho mucho tiempo, aquí están las fotos de mi 19 cumpleaños. Fue hace casi un mes y da la sensación de que fue hace años... Fue un día increíble; la verdad que fueron dos días increíbles. La noche antes del cumple salimos a tomar "un par de copas" y acabamos volviendo a casa a las 5 de la mañana (solo cumples 19 años una vez!) Al día siguiente nos juntamos para una comida/merienda con patatitas, sandwiches de nocilla, pizza y, por supuesto, tarta de brownies hecha en casa (hecha por mi lo que es un poco raro porque la cumpleañera no debería hacer la tarta!) Después vinieron los regalos :D Una falda muy cuca con una camiseta marrón y dos piezas de joyería: un anillo (con una chica que parece Caperucita Roja) y una pulsera con un raitán. Fue la fiesta perfecta y también una fiesta de despedida para mi y el resto de las chicas que se iban a sus correspondientes universidades: hablamos de nosotras, de política y, por supuesto, una guerra de cojines!
Varios cachos de tarta después todas se fueron a preparar para la noche en Oviedo. Yo no esperaba que nada importante o especial pasara durante mi cumpleaños porque la verdad que siempre piensas que algo inesperado pasará (sólo porque es tu cumpleaños) y te hará recordarlo para el resto de tu vida pero en realidad, lo recuerdas por los buenos momentos que pasaste con la gente que estaba a tu lado. Esa noche tuve ambas cosas; hubo momentos inesperados, situaciones especiales que nunca pensé que pasarían y también buenos momentos con las chicas. No podría haber pedido más. Y las echo mucho mucho de menos.... Ohh, esto se está poniendo demasiado sentimental y nostálgico asi que mejor paso directamente a las fotos. Disfrutar!

XOXO























This is a picture of Nerea and me 3 years ago at Olaya's B-day
This year we took the same picture again





No comments:

Post a Comment