Tuesday 3 January 2012

Let there be light...


Happy New Year!  
Well, its is over now. All the lunches, dinners, eve's, parties, cocktails, dressing up, stressing about presents, drinking way too much... But, in a way, I like it now; it is quieter. You can take time to have dinner with your friends and watch TV in the sofa until late late at night, go out for coffee and actually talk (there is not such thing as talking while clubbing; whoever says otherwhise is drunk or delusional). No more uncomfortable family dinners where your dress is too tight  because you've eaten too much and you have to make conversation with the uncle you haven't seen in years to fill the awkward silence. The joys of waking up the next day in your bed and not smell like alcohol or cigarettes with no blurred mascara and no compromising pictures up online... I have to say, nearly none of this things have happened to me during Christmas but I always hear them from other people and find them hilarious...
  And there are the sales... 4 days my friends, I have been counting down basically since I got back home. I am hoping to find nice nice stuff to take back to cold London: I am thinking knitted cardigans (preferably men's), wool cape, original hat....

XOXO

P.D Here are the pictures of the Christmas lights from my hometown as promised. And a quote that I think appropiate after the New Year :)



"For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strenght to start all over again"

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
--- F. Scott. Fitzgerald


No comments:

Post a Comment